Total applications received in last grant cycle: 20 applications for a total of $107,492
Grant dollars awarded: $27,500
Average award: $5,500
Percentage of applicants that received grants: 25%
Number of grants awarded: 5
Additional grant dollars awarded through donor-advised fund referrals: $29,964
Application deadline: February 15
Recent grants from the Oxford County Fund
Photo: The Oxford County Committee at its October 2015 meeting. Left to right, in front: Sara Stockwell (chair), Patty Duguay, Leanne Candura, Joanne Eaton, former member Mark Silber, and Don Verrill. Back row: Bill White and Kate Goldberg.
The Oxford County Fund was established in 1997 with an anonymous gift. The fund's advisory committee awarded initial grants to Community Concepts and the River Valley Healthy Communities Coalition, among other nonprofits in the region. Since that time, the Oxford County Committee has awarded over $328,500 in grants.
The Maine Community Foundation manages the Oxford County Fund, and local leaders, knowledgeable about their communities, help review grant applications and distribute funding.
Other ways the community foundation is serving the region
- In addition to the Oxford County Fund, the foundation holds more than $1.1 million in assets dedicated to Oxford County through donor-advised funds, scholarships, designated funds to support specific organizations, and field-of-interest funds.
- The foundation has generated more than $159,000 in additional grant support for Oxford County nonprofits from its network of donors for proposals submitted to the foundation’s competitive grant programs.
- The Starbird Scholarship Fund, established by Pearl Starbird, supports graduates of Oxford County high schools and Lake Region High School who plan on majoring in either music or the arts.
- Oxford County scholarships
- The community foundation manages more than $1.4 million in charitable long-term funds on behalf of other nonprofit organizations throughout Oxford County.
To make a donation or for more information about the Oxford County Fund
Please contact Laura Lee, program officer, by phone, toll-free, at (207) 412-0838 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.